Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wil Wheaton und die Bibliothek

M. Brandon Robbins erwähnt in ihrem Artikel "Wil Wheaton Talks Tabletop: Games, Gamers, & Gaming", der am 27. August 2013 in Library Journal erschienen ist, eine nette Bibliotheksanekdote:

<zitat>On an elementary school trip to the library, when Wheaton realized that a book he was looking for was already checked out, he says, "The librarian asked me what movies I liked, what televisions shows I liked. It was 1979, and I loved Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica. She picked out [Robert C. O'Brien's postapocalyptic novel] Z for Zachariah, and to this day I remember her telling me, 'This book's gonna land on you, kid.' That book made me a true sci-fi nerd, and it's all because the librarian took the time to help me find something I would love to read".<zitatende>

Ich habe vor kurzem "Just a Geek: Unflinchingly honest tales of the search for life, love, and fulfillment beyond the Starship Enterprise" und "Memories of the Future - Volume 1" von Wil Wheaton gelesen und genossen. Für mich war sehr interessant, wie der Schauspieler seine Rolle als Wesley Crusher erlebt hat. Wer diese Figur nicht kennt, wird sicher einen Eindruck bekommen, wenn ich darauf hinweise, dass es eine Usenet-Group namens "alt.ensign.wesley.die.die.die" gab ;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment