The Popular Culture Association annual conference will be held April 17-20, 2019, at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, DC. Scholars from a wide variety of disciplines will meet to share their Popular Culture research and interests.
The Libraries, Archives, Museums, and Popular Culture area is soliciting papers dealing with any aspect of Popular Culture as it pertains to libraries, archives, museums, or research. Possible topics include:
- Descriptions of research collections or exhibits
- Studies of popular images of libraries, librarians, archives, or museums
- Analyses of social networking or web resources
- Popular Culture in library education/information literacy
- The future of libraries and librarians
- Developments in technical services for collecting/ preserving Popular Culture materials
Papers from graduate students are welcome. The deadline for submitting a proposal is October 1, 2018. Proposals may be submitted on the conference website.
Please direct any questions to the area chair or co-chair for Libraries, Archives, Museums, and Popular Culture:
Professor of Library Services
W. Frank Steely Library
Northern Kentucky University
Highland Heights, KY 41099-6101
Co-chair: Casey Hoeve
509A Hale Library
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506
Hinweis aus: The library writer's blog.