Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Librarian's guide to Anime & Manga

I'm just going through an eMail folder called "Blogstuff" containing a lot of information I filed there because I wanted to blog it sometime, but so far I didn't. Now I'll try to catch up.
Librarian Gilles Poitras has compiled a "Librarian's Guide to Anime and Manga".In nexgenlib from November 2004 (I definitely should go through this folder more often), Sarah Holm Norton wrote: "Gilles Poitras has written several definitive books about anime and manga, often speaks at anime cons, and gives talks to libraries about how to start collections for both children and adults". The guide was created in 1996 and last updated in April 2007. It contains information on terminology, recommends Books and Periodicals on Anime and Manga, advises on how to find reviews and deals with problematic content.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting site for library art
    http://www.cafepress.com/ottoblotto/3506727

    and related blog http://ottoslibrarypeople.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete