Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"So war mein Wagner"

Auf der Seite der Produktionsfirma zentropa.dk berichtet Lars von Trier unter dem Titel "Deed of Conveyance" über seine Interpretation des "Ring" für Bayreuth, die ja dann durch die von der Kritik wenig wohlwollend aufgefasste Inszenierung Tankred Dorsts ersetzt wurde:
"I'll start with my qualifications for directing an opera: none, apart, perhaps, from an instinctive yearning towards and away from the medium. However, I have always had affection for Wagner: mostly for his music and the monumental aspects of his life and work; less so the singing, which I had skimmed lightly, regarding it as less accessible. But perhaps it was precisely because of my reservations that I felt very clearly that I had something to offer vis-à-vis the Ring. I had the willpower and love, and my lack of operatic upbringing and knowledge was something I felt could be turned to advantage".
Neben diesem Aufsatz hat von Trier auch seine Anmerkungen zu zwei "Ring"-Opern als Word-Dokumente online gestellt: Siegfried (dänisch | deutsch), Walküre (dänisch | deutsch).
Hinweis aus: Julia Spinola: "Lars von Trier: So war mein Wagner. Lars von Trier legt seine gescheiterten 'Ring'-Pläne offen". In: FAZ, 16. August 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment